Identity Theft

Gentle Reader,

If you have been keeping up with my dear nephew Aaron's blog, you may have seen what is purported to be an interview (Part I and Part II) conducted by yours truly with Mr. Aaron Nielsen. Ladies and gentlemen, this is not the case.

I'm not sure who interviewed the young squire, but it was not "Chris Meyer". I know this as I know myself. (I think that was written above the Temple of Delphi.)

There are a few things that should have alerted you to this fact:

1) My old lady would never, ever introduce me.

2) The German in the introduction was not quite grammatically correct.

3) Although there was judicious usage of some typical profanity, a few choice terms such as "motherfucker" and "dirty cocksucker" were absent; these would clue the true, gentle reader to my presence.

4) This whole exercise seemed like a long, paid-for, political advertisement for Aaron Nielsen: "Hey, everybody! Look how COOL I am! I've got a great gig at the University, I can see any concert I wish, I get more pussy than Frank Sinatra." OK, I guess anybody gets more labial action than Old Blue Eyes nowadays, but I think you get my point. And while I have nothing against blatant self-aggrandizement, even Aaron pushes it a bit far. I doubt I would lend my signature to such an exercise, unless some of the poontang was set aside pour moi.

5) The questions he has me ask are rather stilted. For example: "What exactly are you studying and what kind of classes do you take for those degrees?" Who cares?! What I want to know: "Do you have any hot professors? Are you gettin' any?" OK, alright: I guess in the fields of mathematics and engineering that is a bit misplaced. Better: "Are there any chicks in your classes at all, or is it all Indians (as in 'Om' not 'Whoo-whoo-whoo') and gooks?"

6) Perhaps Aaron thinks that I "make up" all the material for my blog, too. No sir-ree, that isn't the case. My interviews always at least some, albeit at times tenuous, basis in fact.

7) I do appreciate Aaron's advertising of my blogs (They need all the help they can get!), but I guess that is the least that he could do for assuming my identity, cloak and mantle.

That being said, it wasn't a bad interview per se, just a case of mistaken identity. Next time, I expect at least the opportunity to ask the questions myself!

Comments

Popular Posts