Some New Features

Gentle reader,

Time passes. Things change. As it is with life, so it is with Festung Europa. As you know, we have changed some things recently and are continuing to improve the site to make it (hopefully!) more interesting for you.

Please note that the old function of texting me on AIM is no longer extant. Instead, we have added a Skype button at right so that you can engage me there. The button will indicate if I am online. I can highly recommend the Skype service, which in addition to chatting and free (yes, free!) computer to computer telephone calls, also allows for free video chatting computer to computer. Mr. Lynn Nelson, Esq., currently minding shop in tropical Kissimmee, Florida, and I have tested this service much to our enjoyment. All you require to enjoy Skype as well is at least a microphone and speakers/headphones, plus a webcam for the video. Skype also allows you to dial landlines worldwide and although this part of the service costs money, the rates are quite reasonable. Just so you are wondering, I am not a Skype investor, just a satisfied user who would like to video chat with more friends and family!

There is also a link to my Facebook page at right. I can also highly recommend Facebook as a great way to keep in touch with friends and family. In fact, many of the "lost" friends whom I mentioned in my previous column, "Interesting People on the Fringe", have been reunited with me through Facebook. Facebook is miles ahead of its competition like MySpace, a service that I dropped a few months ago. Please note that I generally won't add you as a friend, however, unless I know you, have known you, or you can prove to me that you are interesting and worthy of my, albeit sometimes superficial, Facebook friendship.


CRM

Comments

Popular Posts