Snow Day

11:42pm Chris

Are you guys having a blizzard?

11:42pm Katie

indeed.

11:42pm Chris

That's neat.

Maybe you won't even have school if it gets bad overnight.

Did you get out early?

11:43pm Katie

yup. most likely we're having a two hour delay.

11:43pm Chris

Living in the suburbs will probably do that. If you grew up in the boonies like your dad and I did, you'd be off for a week.

11:44pm Katie

ya. lol.

11:44pm Chris

Is it cold as shit too?

11:45pm Katie

supposed to be -20 wednesday. without windchill./

11:46pm Chris

I'd be nipping out with -20

That's fucking COLD.

11:47pm Katie

if it's passed like -10 they can't make us go to school because of bus kids. i think.

11:47pm Chris

They'd find their frozen corpses along the side of the road.

Grasping their school books.

11:48pm Katie

hopefully i'm not one of those kids.

11:49pm Chris

Yeah. We got out early for school once in 1980, and this chick in the class ahead of me froze to death playing with her dog in the snow.

I remember this as my mom called me at home. I took a sick day as I had planned on a snow day, but that didn't materialize.

11:50pm Katie

that's unfortunate.

11:50pm Chris

Well, I got the day off anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts