Interesting Genealogical Update

Gentle reader,

The power of the Internet is quite something for genealogical research. As you might recall, I posted a Mildred Meyer family history on this blog way back in the beginning, which was then used for the Exira, Iowa Sesquicentennial history book. Now it seems a long-lost (Danish?) relative has made contact with me. Here is what our friend posted on this blog:

Hi,
I'm distant related to Ella Gude, born March 1892.
Her father, Peter Gude, are born in Guderup, Als, Denmark (Schleswig) in 1869. Peter's g. grandfather, Jorgen Nielsen Finmand, born 1754, are mine gggg grandfather.
Regards, Carsten

Thanks so much for posting, Carsten! I'd be interested in getting in touch with you. Please get in contact with me at my e-mail link posted at right.

This is indeed interesting, as this is the first connection I have to eventually tracing the family lineage back to the old countries of Denmark and Germany. Up to now, the most distant link in my genealogical chain consisted of my relatives who first emigrated to America back in the mid-19th century. I hope Carsten checks back with us on Festung Europa soon!

-CRM

Comments

Popular Posts