OK, OK, I Believe, I Believe!

Gentle Reader,

OK, I am going to make a leap of faith here. No, I'm not suddenly abandoning my ancestral, Germanic heathen ways to pick up some Semitic, desert religion. My belief refers, of course, to our last post on Festung Europa where our Iowa Correspondent and Man About Town, Loren Christensen engaged in a purported dialogue with none other than his lifelong idol, Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones. Loren's son, Karl, now provides me with another exchange with the Master, and after receiving this compelling information, I am obliged to relent and profess, "Yes, I believe and accept Keef Richards as my Lord and Saviour. Amen."

Here is the Facebook exchange as reported to me by Karl:

Karl: Hey Keith, how ya doin'? I know that the next Pirates of the Caribbean movie is in the making and with you playing Teague in the previous movie I was wondering if you were going to be in it again. Also, is there a special trick to playing Monkey Man like some sort of tuning issue? My dad just can't seem to get it right.

Keith: hey karl... ive been fantastic as of late, yourself?... i was in the last one yes, played jacks father... and i may be in the next one, cant really tell, but maybe, lol.. the thing with monkey man is you cant do it with one guitar, theres weaving between the lead and rhythm... its very complicated because of the keys and where ronnie goes and how fast i play... to put it this way, tell your dad ive never gotten it quite right either, lol. You dont get it right, thats the thing.. if you can play it 'Right', then your doing it wrong. if people know what your playing and they love it, youve done your job... it was one hell of a groove, a real bugger in the studio to get right, couldnt tell you how i finished it....................keef.


-CRM

Comments

Popular Posts