Where in the World IS Aaron Nielsen?

Gentle Readers,

You may have read my little diatribe against the theft of my identity by my young nephew, Aaron D. Nielsen, and could have reasoned that it was indeed made tongue in cheek (whatever that means). Interestingly, he brought this up in another post on his blog, where this time he has my dear mother, Mildred, as the Master of Ceremonies at a rock music jamboree and hoedown at Uncle Jerry's, the former Jerry's Joint, in my hometown of Exira, Iowa. Yes, farfetched as THAT may be, and the Double A-Ron goes on to involve not only his Oma, but two cousins, Bryan Nelson and Matt Wise, as well. But something is rotten in Denmark, as they say on the streets of Elk Horn after one too many Carlsbergs at the Danish Inn. Aaron has been AWOL from the AOL Instant Messenger for a few days now, a few days after the departure of his parents, Daryl and Barb, to visit his brother, Jon, and family in the former British colony of Hong Kong. Hmmm, I may be conjecturing here, but this old bit of farmhouse wisdom may apply in this case:

When the cat's away, the mice will play.

Or more specifically, when Daryl is away, little Aaron will go to A LOT of concerts.

And, if you look closely at his blog post, he mentions THE concert of the year, which is occuring in London this evening:

Aaron: On Chris' recent blog post, he stated the following about my blog and I quote, "Hey, everybody! Look how COOL I am! I've got a great gig at the University, I can see any concert I wish, I get more pussy than Frank Sinatra."

Aaron: This statement is not quite accurate. I wanted to attend the Led Zeppelin reunion in London later this month, but I couldn't get tickets. The rest of his observation is pretty accurate.

Mildred: Oh, I would have loved to see that Zep reunion as well!

Yes, gentle reader, you can see what I am getting at. Is it indeed possible that our young Esquire, after dropping off his beloved parents at Denver International, broke out Daddy's credit card, normally to be used for emergencies and studious expenses along the lines of college textbooks, and boogied on over to London to jam with Led Zeppelin? Could he, the Meister Konzert-Goer, actually have procured tickets for said event? My, oh my, THAT would make for an interesting story. In any case, his absence from AIM is intriguing and eerily timely with his parents' trip. I am keeping my fingers crossed, knowing that if Aaron wants to see a show, he generally will find a way.

Stay posted!

Comments

Popular Posts