A Special, Long Distance Dedication

Taped intro with cheesy, doo-wap singers: It's the G - B - C- N....Top Forty!

"Hi, folks, this is Mark Kingsley and you're listening to GBCN's Top Forty, eh. I've dug into our mailbag this week, and I've found a special letter from a wee lad in the Midwest. He writes:"

Dear Mark,

When I was a little boy, my dear, dear Uncle Purvis would tell me bedtime stories about adventures in galaxies far, far away. There were stories about wookies and landspeeders, jawas and bounty hunters, but my most favoritest stories of all were about the ewoks, those cuddly, teddy bear-like munchkins living on the forest moon of Endor. Now, five years later, my uncle's unfortunately been taken away from us before his time...well OK, actually he's doing time for letting my older sister play with his lightsaber, but anyway, I really miss his bedtime stories, especially as he would end them with that classic, The Ewok Song. Mark, could you please, please, PLEASE play it for me? You'd make this kid very happy. And, I almost forgot, I'd like to send it out to Uncle Purvis and let him know that we are hoping that he stays hidden in the asteroid field until he gets out.

Sincerely yours,

Kevin

"Well, Kevin, your letter has certainly touched me in places I haven't been touched in a while, eh. I certainly hope, too, that no one has sent a probe or two into that asteroid field of your uncle's! And we'll be more than happy to honor your request, Kevin. So Uncle Purvis, if you're listening, this long-distance dedication goes out to you and the rest of the nerf herders!"

Comments

Popular Posts