Friday's Solar Eclipse

Gentle reader,

Through some weird series of events which I cannot explain, I completely forgot the partial solar eclipse here in Germany last Friday. No worries, though, as we were socked in with clouds and rain. It must be due to the fact that our in-house astronomer, Vincent Norby, is on sabbatical in his English homeland, working on some secret project for the Aquaburgers .

Here is some exciting NASA video of that same total eclipse of the sun, which must pale in comparison to the actual occurence. Totality was visible in such outlying places as Mongolia, Greenland and Siberia. What really bugs me, however, is all the stupid talking and cheering of it, like it was some sports spectacle. Show a little reverence for the clockwork of the heavens, people! An event like this used to be viewed with mythical awe and sometimes overwhelming fear; now we just cheer it on like some chick showing us her titties. Egads!




As I have reported earlier, I am looking forward to the August 21, 2017 total solar eclipse on the North American continent. I suppose I need to make my reservations soon as to where I shall view the event. According to my calculations, the Rafter P ranch of Wes and Carolyn Peterson, parents of my good college friend, Scott Peterson, (no relation to the California murderer!) in Breckenridge, Missouri, should be in total eclipse. So Wes and Carolyn, if you are reading this, take note and save a room at the ranch for me! Otherwise I'll try for just north of Beatrice, Nebraska.

CRM

Comments

Popular Posts