The Return of the Big Shooter

Gentle reader, as you may know, I profiled Jon Von Feldt, a.k.a. Big Shooter, a few weeks ago here in my Interesting People on the Fringe column. Well, I have received email word from the man himself that he is alive and well and living the American dream. Jon works for the agribusiness giant, Monsanto, and is its sales manager for southern Iowa. And, of course, his spare time is spent in the pursuit of the wild for fun and food. Here is a picture of the Big Shooter, his lovely wife, Nancy, and their 5-year old son, Mick, on a traditional American summer vacation to Yellowstone Park.

Jon asked Mick upon their return what he liked most about the trip, and in the honesty of a five-year old, he answered, “The hot bathtub at the hotel,” which Jon translated to mean the hotel’s hot tub. I think I would agree with Mick's observation at that age as well, as I can remember a trip I took out west with my mother, Grandma Emma and Uncle Bob in the summer of 1975, and I was psyched up about the hotel swimming pools as well. We stayed at a hotel in Vail, Colorado, that had a hot swimming pool, heated so that you could go swimming in it year round. A waste of energy, probably, but what the hell, it was pretty neat!

Comments

Popular Posts