Dreamworld

Gentle reader,

I wonder if these hot summer nights are a plague to you as they are to me. Sleep remains just outside my grasp, tossing and turning all the way to around 5 in the morning, when REM kicks in with the end of my world as I know it, namely weird-ass dreams. Last night's was especially insane. I had found a way to harness the consciousness of my friends, but it required me to harvest their living brains, which I kept in a sort of stasis in so many glass jars. Their brains bound with electrodes and other Frankensteinian paraphernalia, I was able to keep their thoughts alive and interact only with their memories, being able to live, indeed, only in the past, which in this captured pool of consciousness, never ends.

Not quite as weird as riding a flaming pie à la Brother Lynn Nelson, but seriously fucked up indeed. As Dr. Freud would say, I can't live in the present but am unfortunately tied to the past, willing to destroy those I love to do so. That'll be $150, please.

Maybe I should stop eating pizza and other spicy stuff before retiring. Hmmm....

Comments

Popular Posts