A Gift from the Dark Side

Gentle reader,

Imagine my astonishment and gratitude that someone out in Internetland had linked this website, in particular my 2nd Helpful Heathen Holiday Hint from last year's Julfest, to the Wikipedia entry for the Julleuchter. I stumbled across this fact just a couple of weeks or so ago, and with that in mind, have decided to post as today's gift an introduction to the dark side, a revival of Germanic practices supported by Reichsführer SS Heinrich Himmler and compiled by one of his lieutenants, Obergruppenführer Fritz Weitzel, in the SS document, Die Gestaltung der Feste im Jahres und Lebenslauf in der SS-Familie. Ásatrú this is definitely not, but it is an interesting historical documentation of the line of thought Himmler had in order to erase Christian influences first among his SS and then throughout Germany, replacing them with a pagan revival which, in reality, turns out to be nothing more than the worship of one man, Adolf Hitler. So, beware, be aware, gentle reader, and enjoy this historical documentation, translated into English as Celebrations of the SS Family.

CRM

P.S. I would love to get my hands on this in the original German, so if any of you gentle readers out there can send me a pdf or a link to one, I shall be quite grateful.

Comments

Popular Posts