Cheer Up, The Holiday Season is Upon Us!

Mein Gott! Was the Christmas party from work last Friday really that bad? I seem to be lost in contemplation, or perhaps wondering if I should order a Weizenbier such as my neighbor has before him.

Actually, I can understand the people who hate the holidays. The forced joviality, the annoying parties and fests with people whom you would just as soon forget, the blatant consumerism and, of course, that sinking feeling that another year has to be chalked off on our incessant march toward death and oblivion--all this, combined with the dark and gloomy days of a northern winter, make you want to kill something.

So, I guess I'll order another Bier, with perhaps a shot of Jägermeister, and try to forget all this and enjoy the season in spite of its drawbacks. As they say in that cheesy song, "It's the most wonderful time of the year!"

Comments

Popular Posts