Your Weekend Videos: 50 Years of Mushroom Experience

Gentle viewer,

The following 4-part series from YouTube was taken from a 2005 meeting in Brandenburg and features an interesting lecture by one of my favorite German authors, a true pyschonaut and ethnopharmacologist extraordinaire, Dr. Christian Rätsch, on the 50th anniversary of the introduction of psychedelic mushrooms to Western culture. The video, provided by roidsman, is in Rätsch's native German, but subtitles in English are provided. (What better way to brush up on your Deutsch? And by the middle of the video on Part IV, I think the 'shrooms had finally grabbed hold of the attention span of the cameraman -- funny!) I wish I had had Dr. Rätsch for a professor in college. Then again, maybe not, as I'd probably still be there!

I'll issue no disclaimer other than one offered by the late, great Dr. Hunter S. Thompson: I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Enjoy!

CRM




Part I



Part II



Part III



Part IV

Comments

Popular Posts