Thought for the Weekend

I wonder why I keep typing up this bullshit. Is it just to feed your insatiable appetite for gossipy nuggets, or my own never-ending narcissism? I have just about had enough. In the true sense of a Buddhist, I need to let go. Ego destroys. Yet destroy the ego. Once you are beyond it, you will achieve oneness with all being. Or maybe not. You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you'll find, you get what you need. I need a drink.

Alas, gentle reader, I am riddled with self-doubt, self-loathing, self-denial and selfishness. I am forty fucking years old and I have no life. Is this normal? Perhaps. At the same time, I have never wanted nor professed to want the things that are said to be "normal". House and home? Not really. Wife and kids? Forget it. Up and coming career? Nah. Just leave me the fuck alone.

For those on the normal path to whatever (actually, all paths lead to the same location, the grave, and no, I don't believe in the big family reunion in the clouds that most do), here's some interesting news. It seems I am an uncle again. Not really news, since I've been an uncle since the age of four, and I am a great-uncle four times over, but this time my half-sister (yes, she has no legs), Alicia, and her husband, David Hall, are the proud parents of a baby boy, Connor Jackson Hall, a youngling (thanks to George Lucas for the wordy term) blessed with three last names! For the curious, here is a link to their family website with pictures for all to see.

And now I think I'll get back to my bottle of French wine...

Comments

Popular Posts