Brushes with Greatness: Stingray and the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Stingray (holographically-altered), Chad Smith, Joanna (holographically-altered)

DMSR,

Just a quick photo of Joanna, Chad Smith, and myself prior to the Red Hot Concert last Friday. We thought we would kick it with the band for a couple of seconds prior to them hopping on their respective tour buses for the short ride to the venue. I got lucky and ran into them in the hotel lobby while I was on my way to relieve myself of the 3 VRB's I just pounded in the moments prior. John had already left. Anthony Keidis was a little stuffy, literally. I extended a hand for a shake and he said he had the flu. I wished him well and off he went. Flea didn't even give us the time of day. We said, "what up" and he was out the door. Chad on the other hand was just a cool guy. We gushed a little and for a moment I felt like a fan again which was great. Being in the presence of greatness who is deserved of the honor and then getting the chance to exchange pleasantries is one of life's great pleasures. I may have to put this in the top three of famous people sightings and meetings.


The Red Hot Chili Peppers in action

Speaking of great, the RHCP's are without a doubt America's best funk / rock band...period. They have a catalog of music that is so deep and so consistently good. In terms of skills, they just keep getting better and better. John, Flea, and Chad are so tight it just made me feel privileged to be able to see them perform their craft. No matter what you age or your musical orientation, go see these guys in concert. They are so damn good you just won't be able to stand yourself.

That's my short, brief review. I don't need to waste a lot of words to describe the best America has to offer.

Stingray

Comments

Popular Posts