A Fine Instrument

A while back here at Festung Europa, I mentioned how I regret not having picked up an instrument during my youth. Well, word reaches me from an old friend, John Jordan, practicing architect in Bend, Oregon, that "it is never to late to learn." John knows this well as he picked up the mandolin four years ago and now owns a very fine, custom-made instrument that he had a hand in designing as well. I'll let John describe the process in his own words:

I PICKED UP THE MANDOLIN 4 YEARS AGO. AFTER PLAYING FOR A YEAR, AND REALIZING THAT I LOVED PLAYING MUSIC, I HAD A FRIEND OF MINE, WHO USED TO WORK AT BREEDLOVE GUITARS, CONSTRUCT A CUSTOM MANDOLIN. WE SAT DOWN TOGETHER AND DESIGNED A ONE OF A KIND INSTRUMENT. AFTER SIX OR SO MONTHS IT WAS COMPLETE. HERE IS HIS WEB LINK:


I'VE HAD PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS PLAY THIS INSTRUMENT AND OFFER TO BUY IT FROM ME. IT TRULY IS A SUPERIOR INSTRUMENT. I'M FORTUNATE TO OWN IT. HE HAS CONSTRUCTED TWO MORE SINCE MAKING THIS ONE.

John also recently married Lindsay, and he was kind enough to send a picture of his lovely wife and him on a recent trip to Alaska, which I believe was their honeymoon.


From all of us here at Festung Europa, best wishes for many years of happiness together, John and Lindsay!

Comments

Popular Posts