The DDT Interview, Part III

Dick: (takes drink) And you also use it as a forum for some of your friends.

Meyer: Yeah, I have contributors, too. Oh, wait a minute. (gets up to put on new CD) How about a little Fairport Convention?

Dick: Sure.

Meyer: Liege and Lief, one of my favorites, featuring the late, great Sandy Denny.

Dick: Wasn’t she on a Zeppelin album?

Meyer: Battle of Evermore off of IV, my friend.

Dick: I thought so.

Meyer: (sits down again) Back to the friends. Yeah, I get some great contributions. The Stingray essays are classic. He was post-post-modern before there was post-modern.

Dick: I always get a good sense of modern American angst in his writing.

Meyer: Yeah, that and the fact that all his potty talk makes me want to defecate…writing as laxative, quite effective. Why pop a pill to poop when you can definitely defecate after devouring his diatribes?

Dick: Why indeed. Say, do you have a bathroom here?

Meyer: Yeah, straight down the hall. (points)

Dick: I’ll be right back.

(to be continued)

Comments

Popular Posts