Dick Dorkmeier's Travels: DDT on GBCN!

I found the place easy enough, right in the heart of “Garlic Country”. Knoblauchsland, the Germans call it. After ringing the bell a couple of times, a hoarse “Ja?” blasted out of the loudspeaker. I introduced myself, “Uh, hi, it’s me, Dick Dorkmeier from GBCN…do you have time for a quick interview?” “Uh, sure, I guess. Let me get dressed. Five minutes!” At which point, I waited, smoking a Dunhill cigarette and watching the planes come in to the Nürnberg airport. After coming this far from Uranium City, I was about to get the interview I wanted, the interview with the reclusive Chris Meyer, creator of Festung Europa and the man behind the Defensemaster.

The five minutes passed, then ten. Finally, twelve minutes later, the door buzzed and I went inside, up the stairs, and through the open door.

Comments

Popular Posts